Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Butter Barn Antiques Weekend: We Came, We Saw, We Bought The T-Shirt!


Greetings, cafe friends! The boys and I took a trip to Michigan to visit family and do a little shopping. I finally made it back to Butter Barn Antiques in Ottawa Lake, Michigan. Word has spread about this one-weekend per month barn sale, and there were lots of shoppers there to admire all the pretties.







The proprietors do a great job of staging and propping, with so many sweet little vignettes at every turn. A lot of old, mixed with a little new...some vintage, some shabby, some shiny, some rusty. In other words, there's something for everyone.


This large tole tray came home with me. I think I may hang it on the wall over the sofa in the family room. And can you see that lacy tablecloth to the right? That went home with one of my sisters.


I also found this crock in really good condition for a great price. I thought it'd be a fun piece to decorate for the seasons, either in the house or on the front porch.


My sister, Tina, had bought this t-shirt for me from one of the weekend sales. I just love it!


Jemma loves it, too! It must smell like Tina's puppy!

Yep, I'm a coffee-drinkin', junk-lovin', barn sale shoppin', vintage pickin', vignette-stylin', do-it-myself barn babe! Now if only I had my own barn...maybe one day!

1 comment:

  1. WTG! Your tray score looks almost exactly like a tray my mom had when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete