Monday, August 22, 2016

Recollections Creative Year from Michaels


Today I thought I'd show you some items I picked up this weekend from the Recollections Creative Year planner system at Michaels.

Originally, I went in to the store for just one thing (yeah, that's how it always happens!): this personal planner punch that I'd found after a lot of digging on the internet. And let me tell you, it's a very nice punch! Heavy and well made. The fact that it's gold and matches my Webster's Pages planner is just a bonus! I really wanted a punch that would allow me to make my own pages, dash boards, and dividers using all of the pretty papers I already own. This one will work very nicely, and it's a fraction of the cost of other punches sold online. Even better, use a coupon like I did and get it at a great price.


Of course, while I was there I happened to notice that Michaels carries a LOT of planner stuff now...Happy 365, Heidi Swapp, and their own in house brand Recollections. Stickers, stamps, binders, you name it.

I really liked the Recollections line because I knew it would fit in the Webster's Pages pumpkin planner that I already own. They did sell monthly kits in four different palettes, but none of them rocked my boat.

And then I saw these super cute journals. They have them in just about every category you can think of: academics, monthly budget, fitness, meal planning, and more. I picked up these four: Calendar, Spiritual, Journal, and Inspiration. These sell for 4.99 each, but this weekend they were on sale for buy one, get one half off. And did I mention I had a coupon?


I liked the calendar, and I was pretty sure that I had plenty of accessories from Simple Stories Carpe Diem to go with it. I used my sticker tabs to divide the months...easy.


The paper quality is really good, with nice tooth and no bleed through.


I liked the calendar for several reasons:

*It is undated, so you can start the calendar whenever you like.

*It features a month on two pages spread, which I find very handy.

*Following each monthly spread, it features weekly pages with plenty of room for notes.

* I like the printed colors of the graphics...clean and simple, so I can embellish as I choose.


Here's a look at the Spiritual Journal:




I really liked the simple prompts. I plan on using this now, as well as with the new women's bible study that begins at church next month.


Recollections also offers notepads with a side bar already punched for six ring binders. But I decided to cut off the holes and just slip it into the back slot of my planner. Perfect!


There it is: a planner full of happy! I'm so glad that I can use all of my Simple Stories Carpe Diem accessories with this system.

For now, I'm only putting my calendar and spiritual journals in my planner. I figure I can swap the journals out pretty easily.

It's that time of year when schedules become important. I'm adding new volunteer work to my monthly schedule, along with exploring some different social opportunities. The Fixer Upper is no longer requiring so much of my time, and Jemma the Yeti puppy is happily settling into routine.

Happy plans, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment