Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sit Down and Stitch



For reasons unknown, I'm having a super-productive week. Maybe it's the Senseo coffee that I dearly love. Or perhaps it's my new system for my Simple Stories planner. Whatever it is, it's helping me get a long list of stuff done.

Closets are getting cleaned. Bookshelves are being lightened. A dozen odd school related jobs are getting crossed off the list before Sam goes back next week.

And then yesterday afternoon, crash. I was too tired to get much accomplished. That's when I decided to have a seat and do some stitching.


I'm still working on this pattern from Sherpherd's Bush. It's a unique pattern for me because you are working two sides on the same cloth. Eventually, the cloth will get folded in the center (between the two green hills) and stitched together down the sides to form a pocket for a ruler. One side is nearly complete, and now I'm working on the opposite sides. It's tiny, delicate work, but oh so sweet.



Sometimes just sitting and stitching and meditating is productive work all on its own. If you are in the busy season too, then I hope you find time to pause and refresh yourself. It's good for the soul.

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment