Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Two Pumpkin Spice Knockoffs You Can Try At Home!


Have you been to Hobby Lobby lately? Not only do they have all the fall decor out now, but they also have all the holiday decor...Halloween, Thanksgiving, and yes, Christmas.

I'm a sucker for the autumn decor. Pumpkins, leaves, sunflowers, acorns, woodland animals, plaids and woolens, scarecrows, crows...I love it all.

This sign was so stinkin' cute, and because it's Hobby Lobby, the price is reasonable, too. But do I really need it? Yes, I drive an orange Subaru Crosstrek that the family has nicknamed "Pumpkin Spice". And yes, I really liked the sign. But did I want to store it for the other three seasons of the year?

That's when I had the brilliant idea...use my chalkboard and make my own sign!



How fun is that? Good for this season, and I can change it later!


Pumpkin Spice season is such a wonderful time of year! But honestly? I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte, or PSL as it is so lovingly nicknamed. It has an aftertaste that's a little more than I need. And now that I'm trying to stay on a healthier nutrition plan, I've been staying away from the Starbucks coffee most days.

Today, however, I'm in a pumpkin spice mood, and I thought I'd try my own PSL concoction. Here's what I used:


I purchased the Watkins Pumpkin Spice extract from my local Walmart. I brewed a cup of Senseo dark roast coffee, then added a packet of Truvia, a teaspoon of pumpkin spice extract, a good splash of warmed vanilla 30 calorie soy milk, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Mmmm! Yummy! Just a hint of pumpkin and spice without the overwhelming flavor. Perfect!


Happy Pumpkin Spice Season, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. I think Starbucks re-did their PSL? Maybe? to take some of the yucky stuff out...like the food dye. I'm not sure on that though. I am not in love with pumpkin spice everything but maybe I'll have a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks once each fall (when it is really fall though! LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in the Carolinas now, Tammy! ;) But here in the Midwest, you'd be surprised...leaves are already changing color! And I think you are right about the PSL change. I haven't tried the new version from Panera, either, but I hear it's a good one!

      Delete