Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Fall Florals, November Edition


I've been working on some Thanksgiving cards, and it seemed like the perfect time to pull out the stamp set Fall Florals from My Favorite Things. I did not use dies, but decided to fussy cut these flowers instead.


{Today's Brew: Fall Florals (MFT stamps), sentiment from WPlus9, PTI card stock and ink, paper from Simple Stories}

I know a lot of gardeners who get a little blue in the fall, when the flowers start to fade and the growing season comes to a close. But I find this time of year to have its own beauty. It is the subtle beauty of the tenacious flower that still holds its own against the chilly nights. The flowers, paired with the colorful autumn foliage, makes for such a striking composition.

I was inspired to grab my camera yesterday and take a few photos. November 8th...in suburban Chicagoland, no less! It has been a long and lovely autumn. I am enjoying it thoroughly! Long walks with Jemma on the nature trails along the river...drives with the sun roof open and the Christmas music playing in my Subaru Crosstrek, Pumpkin Spice...strolling through town in a cozy sweater with a warm coffee at hand...thinking about Christmas shopping and decorating.

But first, taking time to enjoy the flowers!











So thankful for all of you, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment