Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Let Heaven and Nature Sing


It's been a few weeks since I've had time to sit at my craft table. The reason I know this is because I finally found the time today, and when I looked at the wall across from my craft table, I saw the calendar was still on November. Time flies when you are enjoying the holiday season!


I have been obsessed with print making this month, pinning prints and researching linocuts. I've been drawn to this style for a few years, probably since I lived in Pennsylvania. I keep telling myself that I'm going to buy the supplies and give it a try, but then something else comes up.

No more excuses! I promised myself that this January, I will learn print making and  design my own prints. After sixteen years of paper crafting, I think it's time that I try my hand at design.

These stamps from Papertrey Ink really remind me of the look that I love! Simple, primitive, nature-inspired.


I used linen card stock for extra texture, and then roughed up the edges of the panel with a distressing tool. I tried raising the panel on foam adhesive squares (above), but in the end I decided that it looked better when I adhered the panel directly to the card front (top).

{Today's Brew: Christmas Faith stamp set (PTI), PTI inks and linen card stock}

No comments:

Post a Comment