Friday, December 9, 2016

Little House Sheep Virtues


I'm making some progress on my latest pattern, and should be finished with the stitching this weekend. This is from the series by Little House Needleworks called Little Sheep Virtues. There is a pattern for every month of the calendar, and each one is sweeter than the next.

My local needle art shop had a slow "going out of business" sale at the end of this season, as the owner is retiring. Designer's Desk in Geneva, I will miss you! I bought so many wonderful patterns there for fifty percent off and more! I'll be very busy this winter!


The pattern called for a 30 count Weeks Cocoa linen, but I decided to use what I have on hand, which is 28 count Summer Khaki. Anything over 30 count is getting increasingly harder on these old eyes, even with good lighting and cheater glasses! It might make the finished pattern a little bit larger, but that's fine by me.

Joyfulness. What a wonderful virtue for the Christmas season!

Wishing you joy, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Mary! You are so industrious! I have several cross stitch and needlepoint canvases waiting in a drawer for a rainy day which in Oregon is inevitable.

    ReplyDelete