Thursday, December 15, 2016

Looking Ahead: 2017 Planner

With Christmas quickly approaching, it's easy to forget that the new year is also just around the corner.

My planner pages were coming to an end, and I had to decide what I would use for my pages for the new year.

I still LOVE my Simple Stories Carpe Diem planner. The A5 size is just big enough for me to tote around and to keep things organized. My only problem was that Simple Stories had released two collections with new planners, but I wasn't overly thrilled with either one.

I looked at A Cherry On Top to see what else I could come up with, and that's when I took another look at the Simple Stories collection called Life In Color.

Just one problem: Life In Color was made to use with the SNAP album, two ring system. But the clearance price was just too good to pass up! So I ordered a few items to see if I could use it in my planner.





The pages are just a little bigger than the Carpe Diem inserts, but not enough that it really bothered me. They still fit in the A5 size just fine. And lucky for me, I have a planner punch from Recollections!

I sat with my planner pages, watching television and punching away, using an original Carpe Diem page as my punch guide. It took just a few minutes to convert all the pages from a two ring to a six ring system.

And here it is!


New Life In Color washi tapes, paired with Planner Basics calendar stickers.


Still reusing the items I have left from the original Carpe Diem planner, like these sticky notes.



As you can see, the pages are a tad bigger, but they fit just fine!


I LOVE the fact that the pages are basically black and white. I can add my own color depending on the month and seasons!


The colors look so sweet with my teal planner, too!


Now I can start planning for the new year! One of my biggest plans? STOP ordering craft supplies and start using what I have! And yes, it seems silly to say in a post about the new planner pages I ordered. I am going on a spending freeze in 2017, for a number of reasons. For starters, I have too  much and need to cut back. But most importantly, I want 2017 to be about generosity. Me less, others more. This is tough for me because I have the attention span of a gnat and my gaze wanders to every shiny object and I want it all.

I plan on changing my focus in 2017.

In a few days, I will share with you my Scripture verse and "word" that I will be meditating on in the new year.

Tell me...what are your plans for 2017?

Blessings on this day, and the days ahead, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment