Tuesday, December 13, 2016

O Tannenbaum!


The tree is in the house!

After church on Sunday, we made the snowy drive to pick out a Christmas tree. I have a soft spot for the Fraser Fir, and this one looked like just the right size. I wish this post came with smell-o-vision...it smells amazing!


This fall, when my mom and sisters came to town, we talked about where to put the Christmas tree now that we have a yeti puppy in the house. My sister, Jenny, recommended this spot in the library...visible from the front of the house, the kitchen, and the dining room. It worked perfectly!


And speaking of the Yeti, we even found an ornament to commemorate her first Christmas in our family!



Our Christmas tree has a homey handmade quality. I think it looks a little more European than the over-the-top trees I see in magazines.


We got our first real tree about five years ago, and made a big discovery at that time. Real trees don't have branches that are sturdy enough to accommodate heavy ornaments. I now have a box labeled "Lightweight ornaments for the tree" that we pull out year after year.

One day, if we feel settled and secure in a new location, I may buy a faux tree also, just to be able to use the old ornaments once again. In the meantime, I'm happy that I don't have to store and haul a big tree from house to house.


We spend a lot of time in this cozy little room. I'm glad we decided to put the tree in this space.








Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment: