Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fooling Around With Folk Art


I snuck down to the studio to get some craft time yesterday. I just needed to play and get creative and recharge for a few minutes.

I've been inspired by folk art lately. I just love its simplicity of design and color. I remembered this Folk Art stamp set from Inkadinkadoo, and decided to play with it. I cut a few 1 1/4 inch squares, stamped on each one, and then came up with a pattern for adhering to the card front. It gives a sort of patchwork quilt quality to the card, don't you think?


{Today's Brew: Folk Art stamps (Inkadinkadoo), PTI card stock and ink, SU polka ribbon}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

2 comments:

  1. Mary Rose - your card is such a beautiful expression of how art touches our lives and we transform it into all that we find beautiful! God's world has a vast amount of inspiration! I pray all is well with you and your family in this new year - blessings to you and yours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, old friend! So nice to see you! Thanks for visiting the cafe! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete