Thursday, January 26, 2017

Home-Schooled Catechism




For reasons that are too complex to articulate, we have decided to teach Samuel the catechism of our faith at home.

I started toying with the idea last year when I saw a real gap in his christian education. So I gathered up books, put together a curriculum, and began this month.

I had a stack of these old theme books, and grabbed two...one for Sam, one for me. Today I decided to add a little pizzazz to these with the Bible journaling kit from Illustrated Faith.


These theme books have rounded corners, and it can be tricky to find a corner punch that fits the exact angles. So instead, I used a piece of scrap paper and made a template.


Next, I used the template to cut out a front and back cover, gluing them on with Mono Multi glue. Then, I jazzed them up with some focal point panels and stickers. Here's the front:


...and here's the back:


And because the teacher always learns as much as the student (if not more), I made myself a book, too!

The front (with my word for 2017...Grace. Turns out I need it A LOT!)


...and the back:



I think it's going to be an exciting year!

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment