Friday, April 21, 2017

How I'm Keeping It All Together


Six weeks until homelessness.

No worries, right?

I'd love to say "Hey, no problem. We'll just put our stuff in storage and rent somewhere."

The only problem? It's nearly impossible to find a short term rental, and even harder to find one that will allow dogs, and even harder to find one in our preferred school districts.

What's a gal to do?

Organize, organize, organize. Plot, plan, and research.


This is how I spend my days. Scanning every online real estate site, looking for new listings. Researching towns and schools and driving distances. Recording population sizes of various towns. Finding nearby parks and recreation centers.


I write down the addresses of possible churches, libraries,schools, and other destinations. I also record the locations for grocery stores, shopping malls, the airport, our families.

And then, when I see a potential house, I plug it in to Mapquest to see how far it is from amenities. I love country life, but I do not want to spend hours in my car every day, shuttling Sam to school or meets or concerts.

My monthly calendar has been insanely busy as the school year nears the end next month. I'm so thankful for my planner that helps me balance this crazy day to day life while house hunting at the same time.


A little bit of coffee and a whole lotta Jesus. Praying that we have some luck house hunting this weekend!


Blessings, cafe friends!


2 comments:

  1. We were facing the same issue when moving to Asheville and I have to admit I was so discouraged but then I found the house! I had spent two days with realtor again, drove back to TN then logged onto Realtor.com and there was a new listing. I called my realtor told him to set it up and I'd drive over the next morning to see it and he said "Let me go preview it and call you back". When he called back all he said "Was get here quickly" because this is truly a seller's market and homes sell within hours of being listed so I turned right around and drove the 4 1/2 hours back over then made an offer right away. And yes without Mark seeing it but best decision I've ever made....well except for marrying him, LOL ! Don't stress and things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember to envision it...because you know from this one..."what you see is not necessarily what will be" once you are done with it! Much luck! M.L.

    ReplyDelete