Saturday, May 27, 2017

Another Skillet Dinner, Protein Included


Do you dread the five o'clock phone call as much as I do?

That's typically when my husband calls to tell me what time he'll be home that night. And invariably he asks "What's for dinner?"

Pasta.

"Great. What's the protein?"

He's not a lover of vegetarian meals. I get it. He needs the protein to feel full and satisfied. So I often have to get creative.

I'm still eating the contents of the fridge and pantry up for the move in a few days. This easy meal helped me on my mission. It has whole grain linguine, lots of veggies, and protein in the form of chicken sausages.


Chicken Sausage Linguine

1  pkg chicken sausage with spinach and feta (from Aldi, four links per pkg)
1/2 box of linguine, cooked and drained
1 cup tri-color frozen pepper strips
1 cup frozen spinach
1 can diced tomatoes
olive oil
koshere salt and fresh ground pepper
garlic powder to taste
onion powder to taste
Italian herbs
parmesan cheese, freshly grated

Slice sausages and saute in pan in olive oil. Add peppers, then spinach, sauteing on medium heat. Add tomatoes and seasonings. Add drained pasta directly to pan, and toss with a little more olive oil. Serve with freshly grated parmesan.

Enjoy!


It's garage sale weekend here. We moved a lot of items yesterday, and are hoping to clear put the rest today. It feels good to bless these items on to other homes, knowing that we won't have to pack it and take it with us. Storage and closets are down to the bare minimum now. Less to pack! A fresh, clean slate!

Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. Mary Rose, this sounds simple, but delicious! My kind of recipe! It's on my menu for this week. Thanks for sharing! Did you come up with it on your own?

    ReplyDelete