Monday, May 15, 2017

On Mother's Day


Mother's Day was filled with highs and lows. Isn't that just the way of life?

We received a sad reminder why we are moving back home this weekend when my sister sent me a text on Saturday. Mom fell and the EMTs took her to the hospital.

To clarify, I'm not one of those wacky narcissists who thinks that every situation is about her. It's not. This is about my sweet sweet mother who fell and broke her shoulder and wrist...the same shoulder she broke when she fell five years ago.

And understandably, she has six children and too many grand and great grandchildren nearby who will help her in the days ahead, not to mention her friends and church family that love her so much.

It's not about me. Honestly, Mother's Day (what my husband calls one of the Hallmark holidays) isn't even about me. It's about my moms and the sons who make me so proud every day to be their mother.

It's not about me, but I want it to be. I want to be one of those people who is caring for my mom right now. Watering her flowers and making her soup and fixing her a cup of coffee.

Soon.





But in the meantime, in the waiting and preparing time, I can send a little card to let her know how much I love her and that God loves her even more!


{Today's Brew: stamps from My Favorite Things, PTI ink and card stock, papers from Lawn Fawn}

Waiting. May God bless you in the waiting, cafe friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment