Friday, May 12, 2017

One More Mother's Day Card!


There's an old Pennsylvania Dutch saying that goes something like this:

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!

That's me these days!

I thought I was doing pretty good by getting to the Mom's houses for Mother's Day a week early. And then I got home and remembered "Yes, but you didn't get to see Shirley Ann, and you still need to make her card and send her gift."

Aaaaack!


Here's a little strategy I have for when I'm pressed for time and running low on creativity:

Have a few pre-cut die cut frames and elements on hand. It just saves you the steps of having to find the die cut, and the paper, and run it through the machine.  For this card, I used the pre-cut leafy garland as the base, and then added the flowers. Pre-cut wreaths (like Rustic Wreath from PTI), and pre-cut words can also come in handy.

Here's another strategy: Have some go-to color combinations that you can grab quickly without having to overthink. I've been using a lot of the colors found in the Papertrey Ink Spring Chicken Scratch Gingham papers: Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Harvest Gold, Lavendar Moon, Spring Moss. They all play so well together, and the colors look like spring.

{Today's Brew: Fresh Cut Florals (wplus9), snetiment (wplus9), yellow gingham paper and card stock/inks (PTI), ribbon (amuse)}


Here's the inside with the sentiment. Aren't those lilacs amazing? This is one of my all time favorite stamp sets from WPlus9. It's so easy to combine a few colors with two and three step stamping for a really stunning look.

Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment