Monday, July 24, 2017

When Someone You Love Has Cancer


When someone you love has cancer, it's hard to know what to do.

You pray, a lot.

You listen.

You research.

You pray some more.

And then you start pinning on Pinterest. Cute chemo caps. Recipes for chemo patients. Remedies for nausea. Care packages.

In my pinning phase, I found this pattern for a chemo port pillow. It's a simple design, really. Just a little rectangular stuffed pillow with Velcro straps used to secure it to a seat belt...a little padding so that nothing rubs up against the port in your chest.



If you have a quilting or sewing group at your church that likes to make items for local hospitals, this would be a great project.

Here's the link:

http://createtodonate.org/how-to-make-a-chemo-port-pillow/

3 comments:

  1. How very thoughtful, with pretty, cheery fabric! I had never heard of these. I followed your link to learn something new. My mom sewed and donated hats, turbans, scarves and walker bags to her local hospital for many years. I loved to pick out pretty fabric for her. Prayers and best wishes for your loved one. M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so thoughtful and works great. Thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you, sweet sister!Going to pray for you on this 21 day journey...and beyond! XO

      Delete