Monday, August 7, 2017

A Few Additions to the Kitchen


I've been looking at some lighting updates for the cottage. I have a few that are just not "cottage" style here, and I knew they'd have to go.

We spent a LOT of money on the lighting at the last house, purchasing fixtures from Ballard Designs. We knew we'd probably be flipping the house, and designer lighting would be impressive.

Here at the cottage, we have no one to impress but ourselves.

I was so happy to find three lovely new light fixtures at Lowe's from the allen + roth collection. And we were able to purchase all three for less money that just one light fixture from Ballard. I love a bargain.

Here's the new fixture over the kitchen sink that we installed to replace the track lighting (see photo above). I love the old schoolhouse style in oil rubbed bronze. It looks like it was meant to be here. And the cost? $49.95. That's a great price!



So sweet!

My other deals of the weekend came from the local Goodwill. The boys and I popped in on Friday, looking for a few odd items. And here's what I found:



Three beautiful Longaberger mixing bowls for $3 total. I cannot pass up Longaberger pottery. The bowls are practical (great popcorn bowls!) and will make lovely serving pieces in the future. And the price? A steal! Three bowls in pristine condition (as these are) would cost over $75 on ebay. I know that Longaberger is not nearly as popular as it once was (I still sometimes spot it on movie sets! ha! ha!), but I don't care. I still love it. That's what is so wonderful about getting older. You really don't care about trendy. You just follow what you love.

And another thing I've come to love? Anything folk art and Pennsylvania Dutch inspired. And when I found this sweet tin for $2, I knew it had to come home with me.



I think I need to find a spot to pair this one with my Pennsylvania Dutch Hex sign:


Just a few fun additions to make the cottage feel like home.

Happy Monday, cafe friends!


1 comment:

  1. $3!! That's awesome, I love longaberger pottery and use it as my everyday dishes. It cleans up so easy but that large mixing bowl is HEAVY lol. I was a consultant in the mid-2000's and have way too many dishes and baskets. Love watching the changes you're making to your cottage, it looks like a wonderful area to settle.

    ReplyDelete