Wednesday, August 9, 2017

PTI Make It Monday#294: Monochrome Color Pop


Good morning!

Wow, doesn't it feel like the summer is just zooming by now? I'm getting all kinds of emails and newsletters and catalogs featuring back-to-school news. It's hard to believe it's that time of year again.

I think this summer has been speedier than most, considering we began with a big move back home in June. I've been a little consumed with all matters house and home and family, and haven't paid attention to much beyond that. And truly, it has been one of the best summers I can remember in a long time. A Pure Michigan summer, for sure.

That's probably why I was so slow to see the new Stampin' Up catalog until recently. And really, there were a lot of cute things in the catalog. Prices were all over the map, though ($45 for a stamp set? Is that a joke?).

One of my favorites was the Wood Words set, with its rooster and weathered wood look. So many cute creations have been made with that on Pinterest. And then I got to thinking: don't I own a set that can do the same thing?

Well, let's see. Last time I counted, I have three stamp sets with a realistic rooster, and two stamp sets with a whimsical rooster. I think I can manage. {insert eye roll here}

Papertrey Ink's Farm Fresh to the rescue! I used some wood grain paper from Simple Stories, and stamped Stitches and Swirls over it with Fresh Snow ink. And following the M.I.M. direction, I added a pop of color to this mostly monochromatic card with a little pumpkin spice.


{Today's Brew: PTI Farm Fresh stamp set, PTI Stitches and Swirls stamp set, PTI ink and card stock, amuse stitched ribbon, Lawn Fawn circle die, MFT stencil, doily, Simple Stories paper}


Don't you love being inspired by old tried and true stamp sets?

8 comments:

  1. This is amazingggggg. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryrose, as one who raises chickens, this one is on my 'case' list! Simply wonderful! And I love the stitching on the bg. Perfect with the doily too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...and I have BOTH of those rooster stamp sets, LOL! This almost reminds me of Halloween....but a friendly Halloween rooster, ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...this is one cute card Mary Rose! LOVE the pop of orange with the black & white...definitely an eye catching card! Love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many times I've heard your voice telling me I must already have something similar...I always love the SU florals, but I also have plenty that would work the same way. It's a very good thing to consider when contemplating new purchases! Love your card! M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer has gone by fast for us too, but can't wait for fall! Darling card, love the colors and the gingham, Mary Rose! Wonderful county feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so fun because of all the various textures, the sweet doily, the amazing swirls in the background and the orange pop of color! Good thought to reuse older sets that are similar although I do not have one rooster!

    ReplyDelete