Sunday, August 27, 2017

Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: A Low Carb Pizza Alternative

I love a good pizza as much as the next person. I love pizza, yes I do. But my hips don't love pizza. So I try to find low carb alternatives whenever possible.

This dinner was hearty and delicious. And best of all? Low carb, thanks to swapping out the pizza crust for a nice spaghetti squash.


I picked up this spaghetti squash at Bennett's Orchard this week. To prepare, cut in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour, with inside of squash facing up so that it gets nice and golden.


Then, pull out of the oven and shred the squash to make noodles. Top each squash half with about a cup of pizza or marinara sauce, then top with pepperonis, and then light skim mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning, and bake again for another ten minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.


Serve with a nice salad, and you have an Italian style dinner that is so good and so good for you!

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment