Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Summer Salad, Mediterranean Style


Ah, summer!   I love summer time for its delicious foods...yummy things on the grill, fresh vegetables from the market, fresh fruit in season. The peaches are in now, and they are so juicy!

I've been trying some new salad combos. This one was so good! We paired it with salmon patties for a nice summertime meal.


The secret ingredient: Garlic Expressions. I don't know if they sell this (or a similar product) near you, but I believe it is bottled in Perrysburg, Ohio. It's a wonderful dressing and marinade. The only thing to watch out for is that it is a little high on the sugar content. Three grams per tablespoon. That may not sound like much, until you realize that four grams is equal to a teaspoon. Wow. That's a lot of unnecessary sugar. If I were to make this one again, I'd probably swap it out for Newman's Family Recipe Italian dressing, which has no sugar. I've been trying to get back on the sugar free plan this summer after packing on a few unwanted pounds during the move. It has really helped! I'm down five pounds and feeling better already.


Summer Salad

Artisan greens (I buy mine often at Aldi, but you can use a combo of Romaine and Butter Leaf)
Red onion, sliced
Grape Tomatoes, halved
Kalamata Olives
Mini cucumbers, diced
1/3-1/2 cup of Garlic Expressions vinaigrette (or Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian)
Fresh parsley, chopped
Feta cheese crumbles

Toss and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That recipe looks great! Just what I needed for a bridal shower luncheon on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete