Thursday, September 21, 2017

A Coffee Cozy For The 500th!


Good morning, cafe friends!

I have a fun project to show you today. I made this coffee cozy in honor of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. Yes, 500 years ago on this October 31st.

I used Martin Luther's rose seal as my inspiration, which you can see here on my bible:


The sweet blogger, Adriane, at Little House on the Dairy is hosting a mug swap called Here I Swap. You can see her adorable blog (and get a little peek into her farm life) here:

http://www.littlehousedairy.com/

I thought this coffee cozy would make a fun gift for my mug swap partner. Because we're Lutherans, and this is how we feel about that:


I added a little love with the tag on the side, too.


{Today's Brew: Coffee Cozy die, circle die, flower dies, felt, DMC threads}

And if you were curious, I used a lower case letter "t" die from My Favorite Things (an oldie) to make the cross. Crosses are notoriously hard to cut (a little more on this side, now the top, now the other side...aaack!), and while this "cross" isn't perfect, it looks a lot better than if I'd attempted it free style. Trust me. No one wants to see that.

I think I need to make a few more of these for some of my hard core Lutheran friends. Time to get stitching!

Blessings on your day, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for Christmas stocking gifts! thanks, Mary.

    ReplyDelete