Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Another Furniture Find For The Cottage


I'm still nesting in the new cottage. I swapped out the red and floral fabric curtains for the softer lace. Then, I put the off-white slipcover back on the chair and ottoman. With a nice neutral palette, I was able to bring in lots of autumn decor to make it feel homey for the season.

I've been hunting for a replacement coffee table for a few weeks after giving the old table (and sofa) to our son, Luke, for his new apartment.

I looked at department stores. I looked at online stores. But nothing really struck my fancy. 

And so I turned, once again, to Craigslist, thinking I may have to find an old piece and paint it.

That's when I found this great deal for a coffee table and end table, both only a year old from IKEA. The tables had the softer lines and turned legs that reminded me of the pine furniture already in the room. And the soft creamy white looked like it would go great with the newly painted fireplace mantle. I also liked the addition of round lines in a room that already has a lot of square/straight lined furniture.





And here's the really funny part. The seller was the same person we'd bought the IKEA couch and chair from back in July! I guess it was meant to go together all along.



I've been wanting a table by my reading and stitching chair for a long time, and this one is the perfect height. It's a great place to put a book or a cup of coffee.


I REALLY love the tables in this room for a few reasons:

1.) Practical! My coffee cups needed some safe landing spaces!

2.) The creamy light color works well with the existing woodwork, and it helps to lighten up an already dark-ish room.

3.) The round shape picks up the round mirror and round china plates on the back wall.

4.) They are made of a really solid, heavy wood (not your typical particle board stuff from IKEA).

5.) They were a great price! I couldn't have bought ONE table for the price I paid for two!



A great addition to the great room. I know we will enjoy these pieces for many years to come.

3 comments:

  1. It looks really pretty! M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, MaryLynn! How are you doing, my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great find, Mary! Your room has really come together!

    ReplyDelete