Saturday, October 14, 2017

A Happy Retirement


The pastor of my Mom's church recently retired after forty years in the ministry.

This is the man who baptized our babies, conducted weddings and confirmations, buried our loved ones. It's been really hard for everyone who knows him and loves him.

I'm sure that it has been hard for him, too. But I'm confident that God has good things in store for him.

This card gave the sentiment that I was looking for...happy, joyful, faith-filled and fun.

I bought the Cheers dies (Papertrey Ink) off of a Buy/Sell forum recently. I don't own the matching stamp set, and I really don't see the need when I can get some great results with the dies alone. Pair it with a favorite sentiment, and this die works for so many occasions...birthdays, retirement, Father's Day. Change the colors for a root beer or even a float with a cherry on top, and it works for all ages. So glad I added this one to my collection!

The ladies at our stamping retreat enjoyed cranking out a bunch of these frosty glasses for future projects, too!


And speaking of frosty, I gave the glass and foam a frosty feel by spraying them with Glimmer Mist in Pearl. Fun!

{Today's Brew: Phrases and Praises stamp set (PTI), dies (PTI), card stock and inks (PTI), PTI Autumn chicken scratch papers, Glimmer Mist }

Happy Saturday, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment