Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Family To The Rescue


What do you do when you are the new kid in town, and you don't have any best buddies to go trick or treating with on Halloween?

I had this conundrum yesterday. Sure, Sam's getting a little old to go door to door for candy, but he still wants to hang out with friends, just like any other middle schooler.

I had one of those moments of Mom guilt just thinking about this yesterday.

And then it dawned on me.

Hey, wait a minute. We are not alone on this island anymore. We live close to family. I can throw a big bowl of candy on the doorstep with a note to say "Help yourself" for anyone who comes to our door, and then drive to the family so that Sam can experience some holiday fun with cousins.

I sent off a text to my sister, who is always game for fun, and we are coming up with a plan for this evening to redeem Halloween for Sam.

I am so thankful for family! What a blessing that we live once again near the grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. It just makes life richer, fuller, filled with joy.

Here's a little autumn card to express some of that thankfulness!


{Today's Brew: Into The Woods stamp set (Lawn Fawn), Lawn Fawn birch tree dies, Lawn Fawn stitched frame die, MFT cloud stencil, COPIC markers, PTI card stock}

Happy Halloween! And Happy 500th anniversary of the Reformation Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment