Saturday, November 25, 2017

Making The Bedroom Cozy for Christmas


Hello, cafe friends!

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend. We enjoyed our dinner and time together, and are now looking forward to Christmas.

Have you started decorating? I still have pumpkins outside (and inside!), so I guess I'm transitioning to Christmas slowly.

I decided to start in the bedroom this week. I pulled out the red plaid quilt and pillows, the birch trees, and the greenery to make it feel a little more festive.


I've moved these birch trees to three different states now. And each time, my husband asks "Do we really need these?" The answer is yes, silly! Of course we do!



I bought the quilt and pillows from Target a few years back, and we love it. It's just the right level of warmth during the cold winter months.


I think I will add a few twinkle lights to the window to make the room just a little more 'Hygge". I sneak away to this room at night with a warm mug of gluhwein and a good book and just snuggle into the bed in contentment.


Jemma has a thing for pillows, and she's been jumping up on the bed to steal the Merry Christmas pillow every day. I now have to get in the habit of closing the door so she can't get inside. Silly girl!


Today is Shop Local Saturday. I'm going to take the boys into our small downtown for a little window shopping.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. where did you find those tall birch branches? store or just outside in woods? love them! thx

    ReplyDelete