Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas at the Cottage: Holiday Home Tour


Welcome to the cafe! I thought I'd give you a home tour here at the cottage today.

Here we are at the front door. Come on in!


I'm so glad I got the door painted last month. And look! I found a beautiful new rug that matches the front door perfectly. Walmart, I think I love you. Seriously. You are what Target used to be for me. Target, I hope you are listening!

 
I thought I'd get this feature wall painted a nice shade of green before the holidays. Yeah, that didn't happen.


I keep the red plaid bag here because it's so pretty, and I can grab it and fill it and head out the door.


And here we are in the great room!


The tree was a new purchase this year. In the past, we have had real trees because we never felt like moving an artificial one from house to house. Well, I promised the boys when we got to our forever house, I'd buy a nice artificial tree. They like the idea of putting it up right after Thanksgiving and keeping it up until Epiphany.


I got an awesome deal on this 7.5 foot GE tree from Lowe's during the black Friday deals. It looks so realistic, too! Tons of twinkling lights, and it was a breeze to set up.

By some Christmas miracle, Jemma has decided to leave it alone. She completely ignores it. Now gloves, mittens and snow hats? That's another story.


It's always nice to have the red and green chair and ottoman over the holidays. So cheery! I love plaid.


I have a plaid throw over the couch, paired with a sweater knit pillow. We use a lot of blankets in this house during the winter! We like to snuggle in and get cozy.


My favorite Christmas decorations are the ceramic nativity figurines that my mother made many years ago. I have so many pieces that they have to be displayed in several places.

This year, the wise men and their camels are on top of the armoire.


The shepherds are close to the holy family here on the fireplace mantle.


And the angel is singing the good news above!


There he is! Jesus!

I found this beautiful greenery from a place called The Pineapple House here in Saline. I twined some twinkle lights through it, just to give a little sparkle.


I used the same greenery and twinkle lights on top of the hutch in the dining room.


The kitchen always has a pop of red, which makes it easy for Christmas, too.



I seem to be using a lot of washi for various projects these days. I decided to keep the holiday washi handy here in this Longaberger bowl.



At the sink, I added my Christmas cookie molds from House on The Hill, along with a little greenery over the window.





I like to throw a little Christmas around in unexpected places, like here in the kitchen:


And of course, I love the scents of the season!


I carry the theme into the guest bathroom, too:



Not so much Christmas that my family thinks I'm totally cray-cray. Just enough to make things festive.


A few holiday books and magazines for inspiration.


Jemma, did you hear? Santa's coming!



She's so excited that she decided to curl up for a long winter's nap.


Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, warm environment and love the touches in each room without excess! Merry Christmas, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Tammy! Cozy is the word I always aspire to for our home. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Don't let Jemma talk to Murray. You do not want to know what he did to my tree skirt! Santa might leave him coal! M.L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's funny, ML! Remember the year when Maggie chewed my cross-stitched, hand made Christmas stockings? Sigh! Merry Christmas, my friend!

      Delete