Monday, December 4, 2017

In Print!


As many of you cafe regulars already know, I am a writer. It's what I love to do. And I've been doing it here on the blog for ten years.

After moving back home to Michigan this summer, I decided to reach out to some of the publications that I once wrote for in the area. And guess what? The editor of Ann Arbor Family Press responded. They hired me to write features and columns for them!

One of my stories made it to their print edition of the December issue. And look whose face is featured with the story? Yep. That's Jemma, making her celebrity debut!


I also wrote two online stories for the publication's website.

Here's a story about a local Molly Maid who saved a baby's life!

http://annarborfamily.com/online/time-saving-maid-becomes-life-saving-hero/

And here's another story about a local Christmas event that happened on the campus of Concordia University this weekend:

http://annarborfamily.com/news/a-manor-christmas/

If you get a chance, read the stories and leave a comment.

Thank you, cafe regulars, for being faithful readers...even when I wasn't getting paid to write! You kept me going all these years with your sweet notes, and I truly am blessed by all of you!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get an early Christmas gift! You have a warm way with words and it will surely be appreciated in your local area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I always enjoy reading your words, and I know others will too. Little Jemma has changed so! Enjoy! M.L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ML! The photo makes her look much darker than she really is. She's going to turn two this month!

      Delete