Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Cottage: A Wintry Scene for the Front Porch


Welcome to winter at the cottage!

Christmas decorations have been coming out in stages here, as I try to figure out what works in the new house and what doesn't work.

For example, I'd thought of putting the tree next to the fireplace, but my husband suggested this spot near the front foyer in the great room. Perfect! We can see the tree from inside (the kitchen, great room, dining and office), and we can see the tree from the outside, too.


Yesterday, I had this great idea to get some more birch trees out of storage and use them on the front porch. I found some cheap white lights with white cords, lo
oped them around the trunks, and voila! Winter wonderland!

I can't believe I never thought of using those birch trees like this before. It really added some more sparkle to the front entryway.

I'm so glad I got the front door painted last month, too. It really helps set off the Christmas wreath.

A little greenery, some pops of red, and winter woodland.

A great description for today's card!


{Today's Brew: Holiday Folk stamp set and dies (PTI), Wonderful Words stamp set (PTI), Modern Wood Mats stamp set and mat stack die, Lawn Fawn paper, PTI ink and card stock, silver twine, amuse twinkle}


How are your holiday decorations coming?

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! It looks like I'm not going to be able to get any of those birch trees away from you any time soon! Ha!! M.L.

    ReplyDelete