Friday, January 5, 2018

2018: Grace and Truth


Happy New Year, cafe friends! I hope you are staying warm. We've been blasted by arctic air for a long time now, with temps in the single digits by day and the negative numbers by night. Brrr.

It's a fresh new year, which means a new word to ponder for 2018. I almost decided not to do the whole "word" thing this year and opt for a hymn instead. But then I found a scripture verse that I'd really been thinking about a lot this year. That's when I found the word.


John 1:17 "For the law was given to us through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."


Grace, my word for 2017. And we were blessed with some pretty amazing grace in 2017.

I remember reading this verse with Sam when we were doing our homeschool catechism back in January of 2017, and I couldn't let it go for the entire year. It seemed to follow me all the way to our new Michigan home, and it popped up frequently at our new Michigan church.

The law, given to us through Moses, to show us how woefully we fall short and need a savior on a daily basis. And grace and truth that can be found in only one source: Jesus Christ.

Truth. My word for 2018.

And there's no better place to find truth than in Jesus, the word made flesh who dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.

I need to be in the word this year. And I need to let the truth of the word do a new work in me.

I am always amazed at the path where God will lead me through His word throughout the year. Often times, it's not the place I would expect, but I learn so much on the journey.



Tell me, do you have a word for 2018?

1 comment: