Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Something Old, Something New For Craft Room Organization


It took most of the weekend, but I finally got all of my stamps and dies converted to Avery Elle pockets. Yay!


I now have them sorted in bins by various companies, and labelled for easy access.



I really needed some dividers to help sort the pockets, but card stock seemed too flimsy. And then I remembered these files that I purchased from the Target dollar spot back in, oh, 2013? I held on to them from craft room to craft room because "I might need those one day." The hoarder's motto! Well, today was that day!


They are made from a nice sturdy material that has a shiny, laminated finish, making them extra durable.


I cut them to size, and used the included label stickers to sort by stamp company.


Over at my craft table, I have been wanting to add some sort of vertical storage to the back wall. I looked online at places like IKEA and the Container Store. And then the frugal side of my brain finally kicked in and said "Use something you've got!"


This vintage hat rack seemed like just the thing I've been looking for! I think my Mom gave me this rack over 25 years ago. Our first house didn't have a fireplace, and this was the place where we hung our Christmas stockings. Good memories!


I hung my metal pails on some of the hooks (Target dollar spot again! Oldie but a goodie!) and it has been a fun addition to my work space.


Now that the craft room is organized, it's time to start creating again!

Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. Impressed with your work ethic! I'm mostly all in the pockets but not labeled. I've been leaving the original backing in the pocket to id the stamps for now. Your craft room looks ready to create lots of goodies!

    ReplyDelete