Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Punch Needle Project For Spring


I had a ton of things to do this weekend.

I had to do laundry and pack for a trip. I had a house to clean. I had an article to write.

So what did I do? I procrastinated. Yep, that's my style!

With a long list of things I should do, it seemed like a great time to get started on something I've been wanting to do instead.

I grabbed this punch needle pattern from Brenda Gervais, and in just an afternoon, it was finished.


This was my first time using Valdani perle threads. I am in LOVE! It it so much easier than separating strands for a project. Just thread your needle and go!

Here is the back side:


I used the Valdani to create the background, using two different colors to create some shading and movement. I really like the effect.

Here is the front side:


I still plan on covering it with a Slightly Distressed spray to age it. And then, when that is dry, I will finish off the project to create a sweet little Easter basket.

I have not one, but two punch needle projects that are completed in the stitching department, but still need to be finished off in the project department.

That's going on my TO DO list for next week.

Like I said, procrastination is my style.

Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! We "punched" a large 30" x 60" rug once that we hung on a den wall. I need to get into my drawer of many needlepoint and embroidery projects purchased with good intentions but buried.

    ReplyDelete