Tuesday, February 20, 2018

PTI M.I.M. #312: Framing Sentiments


I noticed it this weekend. The birds are singing again! After a long, silent winter, I can hear the birds singing their praise songs. It sounds a little like "Thank the Lord, spring is coming!"

I made this card for the Make it Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink. Framing sentiments was hard because, honestly, PTI does not carry a lot of frame dies, especially in smaller sizes. I improvised here by using the Rustic Wreath die, cutting it in segments and then gluing those segments in place. I think it works.

I stamped on watercolor paper, and then lightly brushed everything to give it a hand painted look.


{Today's Brew: Spring Woods (PTI), Rustic Wreath die (PTI), PTI inks and card stock, watercolor paper}


Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

6 comments:

  1. Sweet, clever and enterprising! Love it, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great improvise for the frame, this card is lovely and the colours really stand out for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and definitely says Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to frame your card, I love it Maryrose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever, creative frame! This is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete