Friday, March 23, 2018

A Creative Week


It's been a very creative week. Some weeks are just more productive than others.

When I find a good work/life balance, I feel as though I get in to a good groove. Volunteering and worship, study and writing, reading and creating, walking and resting, messing and cleaning...ebb and flow, ebb and flow.

I finished off this little punch needle project that had been years (yes, years) in the making. It was one of those pieces that I had punched and forgotten about until recently. So I tea-stained it, pressed it, and framed it.

It was too big for smaller frames, not big enough for larger frames. In the end, I decided to put it in this frame I had on hand, and I added a strip of lace to fill in the blank spot. A little sign of spring!


I gave this to my Mom yesterday. She has flowers, real flowers!, blooming in her garden!


Just forty minutes south of us, and the ground must be that much warmer there. I know we had a lot more snow to melt off, in comparison. I still have spots at the north side of the house where the snow has not completely melted. 

Thinking warm thoughts for a sunny Easter! Wouldn't that be lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment