Saturday, March 17, 2018

Coffee and Friends and the Word


Good Saturday morning, cafe friends! Hope you had a week filled with blessings. My week was busy...work, birthdays, a full calendar!

I always love to make Bible study a priority on my calendar, and this upcoming week I will begin a new study with the ladies at church. Looks like a good one, doesn't it? Do you think the author had me in mind when she wrote it?


I had to, HAD to clean my craft room yesterday. I still had not put it back together from the craft retreat weekend at the beginning of February. It had to be done.

After I cleaned and organized, I was flipping through my stamp sets (LOVE the envelope system for this!) and I found this cute set from Simon Says Stamps that I bought off the used boards. I knew I had to make something fun with it.


I wish I was better at all of the lovely watercolor and ink blending techniques like all the cool girls. But honestly, I struggle in this department to get it right. So this time, I limited myself to just two Distress Ink colors...pink for a light "wash", and green for a little splatter. Subtle, but I think I like it. I used the same two colors to paint the coffee cups.

{Today's Brew: Simon Says Stamp set, Lawn Fawn scallop frame dies, Versafine and Memento black inks, Distress Inks, PTI card stock and paper}


Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!

4 comments:

  1. That is just the cutest card! I love the colors and layout. Have fun at your study.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going early to set up a coffee cart for all the ladies. Maybe add some scones and biscotti, too!

      Delete
  2. Darling card! what coffee machine do you use at home? I have an old Cuisinart drip machine and a French press. Also where do you purchase your Bible study books? We no longer have a Christian book store in our area and I would like to begin a group study for some neighbor ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using a Senseo pod coffee maker for over a year now, and I love it! I have to order pods online, but it makes a great single cup of coffee with crema layer. I, too, am sad to see the Christian book stores closing. The good news is there are plenty of online options. I've been getting some great studies from Concordia Publishing House. They also have a Sale/Not Quite Perfect section that sells at a discount. I love a bargain! This study can be found there:
      cph.org

      Delete