Friday, May 4, 2018

Making A Tablecloth For A Card Table


Card tables are very useful, but not always the prettiest feature in a room.

I decided that the card table might be handy for extra seating for the weekend open house. If weather permits (please, no rain!) I will put this out on the deck.

I bought a tablecloth from Walmart's Pioneer Woman collection. I love her style! Mind you, I don't cook like that because it's not a recipe for good health. But her kitchen accessories? Cute with no added calories!


The only problem? No square tablecloths to fit a card table. No worries. I bought a 52 inch by 70 inch size and got to work.


I folded on the diagonal to make a square, then cut off the excess fabric.



I pressed a seam and then sewed up the edge, and voila! A table cloth that perfectly fits my card table!


Now, what to do with the excess fabric....hmmm. Maybe a table runner?


It works!


One of the nice things about having a craft room is that you can leave a sewing machine out in the open. I am so much more inclined to use it if it is already set up and ready to go.

Blessings on your Friday, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. Tablecloths can be made from a variety of materials, including cotton, linen, polyester, silk, and more. tablecloth supplies


    They can be plain or patterned, and may be designed to match or complement other elements in a room, such as curtains, upholstery, or wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polyester tablecloths: These tablecloths are durable, stain-resistant, and easy to care for.walmart tablecloths They are available in a variety of colors and are often used for formal events.

    ReplyDelete