Saturday, May 5, 2018

The Secret Garden


Hello! Jemma wants to show you her secret garden today. Let's follow her down the sidewalk and around to the back of the house.


And here it is! The brick paver patio hidden under the deck!


We didn't do a lot with it last year, but this year I decided to move our patio table and chairs from the deck above (too heavy) to the space down here. And I like it!



I've had this potting table for twelve years now, and I still love it! It's really useful for gardening, too.



The patio comes off the walkout basement, but it can also be accessed from the deck stairs and the sidewalk.


It should be a nice cool place to sit in the summertime.


The previous owners left this outdoor rug in storage, so I got it out, gave it a good scrubbing, and now it's great under the table.


We have a nice view of the woods and the marshy pond here. I'm hoping to concentrate on this backyard garden this spring. I want to plant some shade loving perennials, bushes, and annuals.



But for now, Miss Jemma is a happy puppy.

 

1 comment: