Thursday, July 5, 2018

Organizing Inks and Card Stock


Hot days are good days to spend organizing the craft room! Jemma likes to lay on the cool laminate wood floors while I clean and sort, too.

I decided to make some color swatches for all of my inks and card stock from Papertrey Ink.


I chose a simple flower, stamped it in every color on a 2 by 2 1/2 inch piece of card stock, and then grouped the colors into families.

Then, I cut card stock to the same size and labeled them as well.

Now, I can do a better job of matching inks to card stock and patterned papers.


I didn't like the way I was storing my ink cubes, and so I started researching other stampers methods. In the end, rather than buy something new, I just repurposed a storage unit I have that I keep at my station on top of my IKEA Raskog cart.

I also peeled off the not so pretty Scotch tape that I'd been using to keep them all closed, and instead used a nice piece of washi. My cubes used to end up in a jumbled pile, with colors stacked on top of each other. Now my ink pads are in one layer, making it much easier to find what I need.



Just a little neater and more organized. Now it's time to get busy creating again!

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment