Saturday, September 15, 2018

MFT 2018 Card Design Superstar: Coloring Virtuoso


Hello, cafe friends!

Today's Brew is a card I made for the Coloring Virtuoso category of the MFT 2018 Card Design Superstar contest.

I know. I hear you snickering. And wait! Now you are downright belly laughing!

I confess, I am not a coloring virtuoso by any stretch! When it comes to markers and colored pencils, I fit squarely in the category of "fake it 'til you make it".

But I have been working on developing my own watercolor style. I am calling it "whimsical". Today's card is my whimsical watercolor contribution!


I'm trying to develop a loose style that has more of a "hand colored" look than a "computer perfection" look.


I stamped the images from Wings and Things (MFT) with Memento ink onto Strathmore watercolor paper, and gave it a quick heat set with my embossing gun. Next, I pulled out a few of my favorite Prima watercolors and brushes and had some fun!


When I was finished watercoloring, I gave it another quick heat set, let it cool, and then stamped the sentiment. I went back with a PITT marker and added a few details on the sun's rays and clouds. Done!



Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute scene! Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest.

    ReplyDelete