Friday, September 14, 2018

MFT Card Design Superstar 2018: Innovation Master


Hello, cafe friends!

Today, I've brewed up a fun shaker card that I am entering in the MFT 2018 Card Design Superstar contest this week.

And without further ado, here it is!


Yep, it's a sunflower card, with sunflower seeds in the shaker component in the center! I just love sunflowers this time of year. I often see fields of sunflowers when I drive around the countryside of Michigan. So lovely!

This card has a front, an inside...

  ...and a back!


And here's the reason why it has so many sides. The flower is a little top heavy, and it needed some support to let it grow over the grass of the card base. To achieve this, I used a popsicle stick and covered it with a front and back of the stem (made from one of MFT's stitching dies).


To make the "grass" card base, I used this old die from MFT...I think it's meant to make fringed flowers. I used it to make grass instead!



The sentiment and pumpkins are from Harvest Mouse stamp set and dies. I made the sign using a die from MFT Blueprints and attaching it to the "stem" portion of the Flower Shaker dies.


And just in case you were wondering...this card is not a traditional size. I sized it to fit perfectly in a business envelope! It measures about 4 " by 9 " in total.
 

{Today's Brew: MFT Flower Shaker dies, MFT fringe die, Harvest Mouse stamps and dies, MFT fence die, MFT Blueprints die, MFT stitching die, circle shaker component from MFT, jute twine}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great idea, Maryrose! Such a sweet and fun design. Those sunflower seeds are the perfect touch! 😍 Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete