Saturday, September 29, 2018

New Skylights!


Project Let There Be Light is complete! I have a lot of photos today, so grab your cup of coffee and relax!

Here is the family room on a sunny day. And still, I had to turn overhead lights on to brighten the space.


The crew began by taping off the kitchen with plastic sheeting. And that was a good thing, too, because cutting through roofing and insulation and drywall can leave a fine coating of dust and dirt over everything!





Yes! Light!




While the house was still tarped, I had the idea to clean off the popcorn ceiling. It was dusty and full of cobwebs, and looked like it could use some help. The popcorn ceiling is not nearly as bad as some I've seen. I covered my head with a babushka, grabbed a broom and put a pillow case over it, then used the pillow case covered end to brush off the dirt. It worked! It made a mess, but the ceiling looks much better and it's not very noticeable anymore.

The carpenter trimmed out the skylight box where it meets the ceiling with some thin wood, and it looks really nice. We still have to paint the interior of the shaft with some white ceiling paint, but for now it's looking so much better!


Light! Glorious light!




It even brings light into the kitchen area!


And the dining area now benefits from the light, too!


The back wall and hall leading to the laundry room!



Even the stairwell leading to the basement gets light!


I cannot believe what a difference the skylights and solar tubes have made in our every day living spaces!


Tom, the owner of Leakpro Roofing, and I talked about the benefits of light. As Tom said, it just helps your soul. Indeed it does!

I think I will curl up like a cat in a ray of sunshine, with a warm coffee and a good book.

Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment: