Sunday, June 7, 2009

City Life, Country Life



Ed took me to downtown Indianapolis to see the sights yesterday. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. "You've lived in Indy for HOW long, and you haven't been downtown yet?" What can I say? I'm a little bit country, and my husband is a little bit rock 'n roll! We visited Monument Circle, home to the Soldiers and Sailors Monument (Ed tells me it's just a few feet shorter than the Statue of Liberty!). We strolled through downtown...shopping malls (blech), restaurants (blech), bars (double blech!). Cities just aren't my thing. As far as the downtown area of Indianapolis is concerned, it's very pretty. The White River and its canal flows through the town, and there are some lovely neighborhoods and old homes (the mansions of Meridian-Kessler are amazing!). But I'm a farm and field kinda gal. I love little towns with quirky shops and cafes. I'd spend a day in my little "downtown" over the big city's "downtown" any day!

The real purpose of our trip was to eat at a Greek restaurant that Ed had heard of from some work associates. It didn't look like much from the outside, but inside, they served heaven on a plate! Dolmades in lemon sauce, homemade hummus, saganaki...OPA! I just love greek and middle eastern fare!



My husband is a complex man. While he enjoys visiting the city for an event, he also is content to hike in the wilderness. The shores of Lake Superior in Michigan's Upper Peninsula? That's Ed's happy place!

These cards are definitely for the nature lovers in the family.

Birthday Card
{recipe: Fly Fishing (SU), Sincere Salutations (SU), old olive and always artichoke cardstock, versafine onyx ink, primsacolor pencils and gamsol, oval punch}

Father's Day Card
{recipe: Beauty of Life (SU), Wonderful Wishes (SU), Weathered SU), old olive and krafy cardstock, versafine onyx ink, prismacolor pencils and gamsol}

So tell me...are you a little bit country or a little bit rock 'n roll?

1 comment:

  1. How fun, your post brought back some memories. About 20 years ago I was stationed in Indianapolis...seems like eons ago. :) The food sounded delish!!

    ReplyDelete