Friday, October 16, 2009

Holiday Stitching



I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Crafters are always working a full season ahead. If it's summer, we're working on fall projects. In the fall, we're working on winter. But this week, I managed to finish an autumn project...in autumn! Of course, the next day, I had moved on to holiday stitching. Here's a new pattern from SamSarah that I'm currently stitching for a Christmas gift:



The original pattern (found in the Christmas ornament issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine) called for a lot of Crescent Color Silk flosses...which I don't own. I decided to swap them out for the Weeks Overdye flosses that I do have. Thus far, I've used whitewash, linen, molasses, turkish red, and moss.

I picked up an assortment of Q Snap frames in various sizes last month. Wow...what an improvement over the hoops that were once used in needle art.




It is a chilly, overcast day here...the perfect weather for cuddling up with a soft blanket and a warm labrador. Hope your day is cozy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment