Saturday, October 17, 2009

Good For The Soul

It has been said that confession is good for the soul. Well, I have a confession to make. And if I can't confess to you, my blog friends, well, then who can I confess to?

Do you remember my post in September when I mentioned how much I love brown transferware china? Here's the post:

http://maryrosescafe.blogspot.com/2009/09/swapping-out.html

I told you how I love those big turkey platters, but the frugal part of me kept telling my brain that I didn't need them. Well, guess what? The frugal part of my brain had an arm wrestling match with the splurging part of my brain. You can see who won here:




I found these lovely Spode turkey plates at T.J. Maxx, and I only bought six of them, so it wasn't a complete splurge. They just make my hutch look so autumnal and pretty. I couldn't help myself! I just love eye candy!




Of course, I have to rationalize my purchase. For the cost of one dinner out at a fast food restaurant, I was able to purchase dishes that my family will use and admire for years to come. A good trade off, in my opinion, and really, who needs all the fat and calories of another supersized value meal?



Do you know what else is good for the soul? Stamping! I made this thanksgiving card today using a sketch from a challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.

{recipe: Falling Leaves (SU), choc. chip/ pumpkin pie/ old olive ink and cardstock, pure luxury ivory cardstock, Basic Grey mellow papers, word window punch, modern label punch, amuse twinkles}

We have sunny skies today! I decided to wash my favorite woolen sweaters from LL Bean and put them out in the sun to dry. I just looked out, and they are covered in little yellow leaves from the Linden trees. Ah, autumn!

1 comment:

  1. Your hutch looks beautiful all dressed up for Fall. I love the card. It personifies Fall.

    ReplyDelete