Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Birch Tree Love


My family loves birch trees. I think it's because they remind us of our Michigan roots. My son, John, has an amazing wall of birch trees in his bedroom.



He even has real birch trees propped in a corner of his bedroom. I just love the papery texture and color variations that birch trees provide.



When I saw this new stamp set from the fall release of Mark's Finest Papers, I knew I had to have it. The birch tree background is stunning, and the skunks and porcupine images with their punny sentiments just sealed the deal!

{recipe: stamps from Mark's Finest Papers, Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg papers, early espresso and cajun craze cardstock, versafine onyx ink, felt ribbon, folk heart punch}

I made this card for my husband for our 21st anniversary today. The skunks reminded me of our honeymoon in Montreal, when my husband walked the streets, talking with a Pepe Le Pew accent. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment