Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Combining Crafts


I discovered an awesome quilt and needle arts shop in Indy this month called Quilts Plus. They carry supplies and patterns for quilting, rug hooking, penny wool applique, and punch needle. While I was browsing through the patterns, my sister, Tina, found this 2011 engagement calendar at the front counter. She knew I'd have to buy it! It is made by Blackbird Designs and features lovely photographs of antique sewing notions and needle art samplers. Sew pretty!



I decided to use the cover of the calendar as my inspiration for this card. I wanted my card to have the same muted color palette, while featuring a vintage botanical look. Have you visited Mark's Finest Papers yet? I'm adding a link to my blog. They have some wonderful stamps, and great crafting supplies like papers and charms. This lovely image is from one of the new fall releases.

{recipe: Mark's Finest Paper (mum), Fine Lace (SU), crumb cake card stock and ink (SU), b. blue cardstock, button, DMC floss, American Crafts lace, Tim Holtz Woodgrain Texture fade, prismacolor pencils}



The lace featured on this card is from American Crafts, and it is actually a roll of white lace. But I wanted it to look aged and shabby, so I used another product I picked up at the quilt shop called Distress It! It comes in "slightly distressed" and "extremely distressed" colors. It is meant to be used on quilts, hooked rugs, and needle art projects, but I decided that it would work great on this lace as well. Simply spray, let it dry, and voila! Instant antique!

I'm starting to feel crafty again after a bit of a dry spell this month. (As you can probably guess from yesterday's post, it's been a bit crazy around here!) I'm going to be updating some of my links and adding more info in the future, so stay tuned.

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment