Thursday, March 31, 2011

Domestic Blues


Day twelve without a washer, and the house is going to the dogs. It's beginning to have the smell of dirty linens. When, oh when, will my new washer and dryer arrive?

I think that all of us domestic divas have one chore that we excel at above others. For my mother, she loves to wash the dishes. For my father-in-law's wife, Shirley Ann, it's the vacuuming. For me? I love to do the laundry. There's something wonderful about putting dirty smelly things into the machine and having them come out clean and fresh and smelling like flowers.

Today, nothing was smelling like flowers. And the bed? Well, let's just say that it smells like a labrador. I had to take another car load to the laundromat this morning.

Normally, I'm a big fan of laundromats. They are warm and cozy and they smell like Downy fabric softener. There's always plenty of reading material, and you can catch up on your favorite soaps. But not my Indy laundromat. It is conveniently located next to the liquor store, and it smells like cigarettes. Yuck! I'm still amazed that the Indy area has no smoking bans.

I spent fifteen dollars just to wash three loads! I put the wet towels back into the baskets and drove them home to throw into my dryer. At least they won't smell like cigarette smoke!



Aaaah. Fresh white towels once again! And with some liberal sprays of room freshener, a few candles, and an open window or two, the house is smelling a bit fresher, too.

Today's Splitcoast challenge was to have fun with flowers. I made the flower for this card using some ribbon and bloomers from Webster's Pages. With a few stitches, I made it all come together.


{recipe: sentiment from Vases in Vogue (Stampin Up), soft sky/white/ivory card stocks, Webster's Pages paper, Webster's Pages Journalling card, Webster's Pages Bloomers and ribbon, eyelet edge punch, small oval punch, pewter frame (SU), pearl brads}



I hope that your days smell sweeter, too!

"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment