Friday, April 1, 2011

Where the Mom is


It is a truth universally acknowledged (thank you, Jane Austen!) that home is not where you reside. Home is, in fact, where your mother resides. I suspect that this is why my son returns home from college...every weekend! And who can blame him? Home is where your comfy bed is. Home is where all of your favorite foods are served. Home is where your mother can spoil you with love and attention.

I am going home to Michigan, home to visit my mother. I've been missing home for many weeks now, and we finally have the opportunity to take the kids and go. I just need to be surrounded by the people who know me best (and love me anyway! ha ha!).

We have lived in our Indiana home for three years now. (It became official just last week.) And while we have a lovely house with lots of room, it just isn't home. It never has been home. We felt much more settled in St. Louis than we do here. Sometimes you click with a church or a neighborhood or a town, and sometimes you just don't.

I'll be away from the blogging world for a few days. While I'm gone, you can visit some of the links I've provided. I will return next week with all of the adventures from our trip "home".

In the meantime, here's my yummy and healthy recipe for Mediterranean Couscous!

1 Box Couscous ( I like Parmesan, but roasted garlic is good, too)
2 cups rotisserie chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 c. diced red pepper
1/2 c. diced onion
1 clove garlic
1 small jar diced marinated artichoke hearts, drained
olive oil
feta cheese
sliced black olives, optional

Cook couscous according to directions. While water and olive oil are boiling, add diced red pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook until softened. Add seasoning packet, stir. Add couscous and remove from heat. Cube chicken. Add chicken and artichoke hearts to couscous. Serve with crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy!




{card recipe: Earth Love papers, house stamp from wheel from SU, sentiment printed from computer onto daffodil delight card stock, circle punch, fence punch, kraft card base, prisma markers}

Blessings on your April days!

No comments:

Post a Comment