Friday, June 10, 2011

Visitors


Yesterday was a day for visitors. In the morning, I looked outside on the front porch and saw this little kitty who had come by just to say hello.



Now that the weather is warm and the porch is nice and cozy with chairs, pillows, and rugs, this kitty seems to think it's a nice place to spend the morning.



Kitty certainly made himself right at home!

This week, Sam is attending Track Camp. He's been having fun despite the heat. Yesterday was overcast and breezy, at last. While all the kids were participating in camp at one end of the track and field...



...I looked down at the other end of the field and saw this unlikely visitor!



Could it be? I had to get closer to make certain...



Yep! A fox had wandered onto the track! He also looked as if he'd been making himself at home there for quite some time. He seemed a little put out by all the hubbub at the other end of the field. We watched him walk off the track, through the parking lot, and off into the adjoining neighborhood.

I've decided to dedicate myself to keeping my boys busy this summer. With all of the sports camps, vacation bible schools, trips to the pool and library and such, I figured it was time to say goodbye to the part-time job for a while. I'm only one woman, and can only fit so much into the daily routine. So for now, I am happily unemployed. When summer is over and the boys are off to college and school, then I will look for whatever new opportunities God has planned for me.

In the meantime, I plan on puttering around the house and garden, doing a lot of reading and stitching and crafting, and visiting family back in Michigan as often as possible.

I've prayed on it, and I just felt that God was telling me to let go of this one thing because He has something bigger planned for me. I'm walking out in faith and enjoying this sweet summer life one day at a time.

Thanks for being my visitor today!

No comments:

Post a Comment