Thursday, June 9, 2011

Of Food and Festivals



Here in small town America, summertime means festivals. And in my small town, we proudly announce the upcoming festivals with flags attached to lampposts. We hold most of our festivals at the "courthouse square". If you've ever seen "Back to the Future" and the 1950s town with the clock tower, then you have a pretty good mental picture of my little town. This weekend, we're looking forward to the Old Mill Festival. But thoughts of next weekend's festival already have us salivating.

You see, every year, the old church ladies gather under big white tents to make hundreds of bowls of the best Strawberry Shortcake this side of heaven. Think homemade short cake. Think locally grown strawberries. Think yummy vanilla ice cream and homemade whipping cream. It's to die for.

Last year, I was polite. I won't order my own. No, I'll just have a bite of yours, dear. My poor husband was being forked for the last bite! This year, I'm ordering the whole enchilada!



I made today's card to send to our family in Ohio. They also enjoy their very own Strawberry Festival in Troy, Ohio. Today, I'm thinking of family, but truthfully, I'm also thinking about that strawberry shortcake!

{recipe: Tart and Tangy (soon to be retired from Stampin Up!), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), Summer Picnic paper (SU), black, real red and old olive ink, paper piercing tool, square punch,
foam dimensionals}


No comments:

Post a Comment