Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Smashing Great Day


Today is the day...the first official day of my unemployment. And I have to be honest, I sat in my comfy chair, under my comfy blanket, with a warm cup of coffee in my hand and thought "Well, now what?"

I haven't found my daily groove yet, but I know that it will come. I decided to make a list of what I hope to accomplish with my days. And what better place to put it than in my SMASH book?


I started with my inspiration piece. This magnet from Curly Girl Designs was a gift from my sister, Tina, and I just love it. It says "She requires a steady diet of Faith and Fancy with a little mischief here and there for good measure." And in little word strips on the side, it says "She made a great effort to balance all the wild and wonderful things that make up life." And that is exactly what I want to do with my days!

As I reflected on the celebration of life, this fun little party theme popped into my head, and I knew what stamps I wanted to use (Hero Arts Bicycle stamps/die set). I think of life as a party, and I had a great party, but then had to leave that party. So we moved to a new party, and I came to love that party, too, but then we had to leave that party...again. This new party is not at all what I thought it would be, and truthfully, I've been more of a wallflower than a festive party girl. That needs to change.


This page will serve as my reminder to get out there and enjoy the party. I know the things I need to do, and now I need to get busy doing them. For starters, I was totally underwhelmed by my church's offerings for bible studies this month. Well, that's no excuse not to be in the Word. So tomorrow, I'm going to my local Lifeway store and I'm picking up the new Beth Moore study on the book of James called "Mercy Triumphs". Did you know that you can even download the video portions of the bible study to view at home? I can't wait to get started! Want to join me? I'd love to discuss this study with you! Drop me a line!

Hope you are having a smashing good day, friends! And if it's not so good, can I make a suggestion? A warm cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa can do wonders! Stir, sip, and enjoy!

{SMASH book recipe: pink SMASH book, Crate Paper Portrait Collection, Hero Arts bicycle stamps/dies, birds from PTI Bird Watching, paper doily, SMASH stickies, Blank SMASH pad, mini alphabet set}

1 comment:

  1. Your Smash book is adorable! I love the kraft pages. The idea has caught my attention. I'd love my daughter to start one. Can't wait to see more of yours. Best wishes on your new party. ;)

    ReplyDelete